By: LCF Staff
As we work out to build strong bodies, it’s important to ensure that our muscles have time to recover. While you may not be able to eliminate muscle soreness entirely after a workout, you can lessen the effects and recover faster with these five tips:
• Stretch after your workout –To keep your muscles pliable and flexible, have a good stretch after your workout to promote oxygen flow and speed muscle recovery.
• Have some protein –Choose healthy sources such as fish, poultry, lean meats, nuts, lentils and quinoa for protein. Protein helps to build muscle and a lack of protein can prolong muscle soreness.
• Drink more water –Water intake is just as important after your workout to prevent dehydration.
• Get a good night’s sleep –Anabolic hormones, which help muscle recovery, are produced while your sleep. Get plenty of rest to give your body the opportunity to produce these helpful hormones.
• Take a rest day –Give your muscles time to heal by adding a rest day in-between workouts. Give your muscles extra time if needed for a safe workout.
When your muscles are rested, ease back in to your fitness routine and repeat these recovery steps.
Clayton, K. (2014, January 09). How To Make Muscles Recover Faster. Retrieved from Livestrong.com: https://www.livestrong.com/article/190191-how-to-make-muscles-recover-faster/
Missett, J. S. (2016). 7 Ways to Relieve Muscle Soreness. Retrieved from Active: https://www.active.com/fitness/articles/7-ways-to-relieve-muscle-soreness
Click below to learn more.Membership
Sign up to receive our newsletter and emails